Why Meal Prep??
Meal Prep has become a critical part of my life for both my health, and because I hate wasting time on menial tasks when I could be thinking about conquering the universe, solving political problems or out rock climbing. I have created a few recipes which I can mass produce that save me tons of time!
Daily Healthy Choice
Decrease # of Daily Decisions
Did I mention, SAVE TIME??
How to make delicious Healthy Burritos!
Step One: Heat Spices, then add Oils
- Spices: Turmeric, Salt, Pepper, Cardamon, Cumin, Crushed Red Pepper, Paprika, Ginger?, Chili Powder.
- Add Cocunut Oil and/or Olive Oil. (I do lots of both)
Step Two: Make Quinoa (Like 2 cups… a Lot!)
- Add some of the spicy oil to the mix when done.
Step Three: Beans
- While the Quinoa Cooks, Prep your beans.
- Heat like 4 cans of black beans or other in some of the spicy oil.
- Once heated, add to the Quinoa Mix.
Step Four: Peppers
- While The Quinoa Cooks and the Beans heat, chop up the peppers.
- Red, Green, Yellow, Orange, Pablano, Serrano, Fresno (The Best!), and maybe Habenero.
- When the Quinoa is done, add the beans to the Quinoa and then sautee the peppers in the remaining Spicy Oil.
Step Five: Mix Peppers, Beans, Quinoa, and Oils.
Step Six: Put the Mix on a wrap, sprinkle with cheesy-cheese, and make into a Burrito.
- Optional: If you are Gluten or Dairy free, just eat the mix as is. It’s a delicious spicy meal.
Step Seven: Wrap the Burrito in Tin Foil and Freeze.
Step Eight: Take to work every day for lunch. I usually make about 20-30 at a time.